It's like Bridget Jones' Diary, but with a super-powered vigilante.

November 30, 2004

Situation: Uncool

You may recall that during my meeting with the QuantumWorks steering committee on the ninth floor I planted a bug in the conference room. The needle size KOMA probe was buried into the fabric cover of the seat I was sitting in, recording and transmitting to the audio suite on my utility belt. I got a weird vibe during the meeting, particularly from the enigmatic John Quentin, who smells like a super-villain to me, so I planted the bug in hopes of gleaning some info about whatever nefarious plans they undoubtedly were plotting.

The KOMA probe works great - the sound is crystal clear. I listen to the wav. file it made the day of the meeting, starting with when I left.

There's some generally positive and inoffensive chatter between ringleader John Quentin, CFO Ted Bradbury, the scholarly Aaron Clarke, and the beautiful Margo, who has been recruited as a program coordinator for QuantumWorks. I fast forward. Margo leaves and it's just the three guys. The three evil masterminds.

BRADBURY: --seemed harmless enough. I don't know why we're even bringing him into the picture, John.

This sounds interesting.

JOHN QUENTIN: I think Mr. Mackenzie will work out fine.

CLARKE: He seemed suspicious of the whole set-up.

JOHN QUENTIN: I think he exhibited a healthy skepticism.

BRADBURY: It just seems like an unnecessary risk. I don't know why you play at this level, Q, you should focus on the big picture.

JOHN QUENTIN: The big picture is a mosaic, Ted, made up of little pieces like this.

BRADBURY: Uh-huh.

JOHN QUENTIN: Guys, guys. Have a little faith. In a short while we'll all be very, very rich.

CLARKE: We're already very rich, John.

JOHN QUENTIN: Wealth is relative.

BRADBURY: It's like talking to a sphinx.

CLARKE: Well, I'll go with John's instincts on this. He is, after all, the resident expert on costumed sociopaths.

JOHN QUENTIN: It would be a mistake to underestimate our Mr. Mackenzie...


There's a scuffing noise, like somebody sat down on the chair or... or found the bug and picked it up. It's quiet, then I hear Clarke chuckling in the background.

BRADBURY: Son of a bitch...

They found the bug. How did they find the bug?

Who are these guys? They seem to know that I'm the Velvet Marauder and I get the impression that I wasn't brought onboard the project for my marketing savvy. What the fuck is going on around here?



3 comments:

K.Fox, Jr. said...

Nice, man. I suppose they really ARE supervillains. Guess you'll have to come by your office dressed as the Marauder to open up a good ol' fashion can o' whup-a$$. Peace, bro.

Anonymous said...

The buyer opened a dispute and I replica watches gave her a full refund. replica rolex AIR-KING watch I even contacted paypal and had them help me do everything! replica rolex cellini watches The thing is, she told me by e-mail that she was going replica chanel watches to completely ruin my selling reputation and such, replica chronoswiss watches and the paypal lady told me I had nothing to worry about. LOUIS VUITTON watches However, after the refund replica lv watches is finished processing tomorrow,replica Prada watches does that mean everything is fine?cheap Prada replica watch Or should I be freaking out like I am right now?! daytona replica rolex watch I have no idea what happens after.
Don't freak out.It sounds like you did the right thing.replica Rolex EXPLORER watch Granted, we are only hearing YOUR side of the story. replica ladies Rolex DATEJUST watches;) But it sounds like you did the right thing.replica men Rolex DATEJUST watches There was a problem, replica TAG HEUER watches you heard her side of it, and you gave her the full refund.replica FRANCK MULLER watches The good news, is that you have that threat in writing.Everything is going to be fine as soon as she leaves feedback. replica burberry watches If she leaves negative feedback, that sucks and it's a whole new world now. You will have to talk to eBay about getting it removed, replica omega constellation series watch and it is pretty hard to do and takes forever replica gucci watch to make up for it. But it is possible.I would try coaching her on the proper feedback. Ask, would you mind leaving me feedback that says that we had an issue and it was resolved. As long as she doesn't leave a Negative feedback, you're ok. Even if she does, you can work on it.Good luck and remember that most people are good people!

Anonymous said...

Are boxers good with babies?
simply put,I'm looking to buy a puppy, replica alain silberstein watch and there is this couple near me selling boxer puppies.replica BAUME & MERCIER watch I tried Google with no prevail,replica chaumet watch Thanks for the input.
The answers:1.They can be,cheap watches depends how they were socialized..fashion time.No do should be left unsupervised with babies.2.Boxers are a little buy fashion watches rough and they have sharp little teeth when they are a baby, Rolex Cellini i think a labrador would be more Rolex DATEJUST - LADY of a dog for babies.3.I seriously urge you to replica ladies Rolex DATEJUST get an older boxer say about 5 or 6 years old.Rolex DATEJUST - MAN It will do better with a young child and it will be less stressful on you because replica men Rolex DATEJUST boxer puppies need lots of exercise chanel watches and training or they will turn into monsters burberry watches and have you pulling your hair out.4.they can be it all depends,OMEGA Constellation series they are very friendly so they like to lick chaumet watch a lot and they listen to what you say,cheap replica chaumet watch my little brother loves my uncles dog which is a boxer chronoswiss watches and my brother is 2 and they get along great they are like best friends replica rolex watches the dog follows him everywhere and my little brother sneaks him treats all of the time! i personally think that boxers are great with kids even though they lick a lot.