It's like Bridget Jones' Diary, but with a super-powered vigilante.

October 28, 2004

Zoo No Go

The zoo was a bust, nothing suspicious at all. I had to hide from a security guard in a fucking bush. I don’t even know what I was looking for – a Tibetan lama carrying a goat over one shoulder? I was beginning to resent Hydrangea, pushing me around. It’s my city; shouldn’t she be checking the fucking zoo?

Grumpy, I went home and did some research online in the Secret Chamber and ate some leftover teriyaki. I learned a little about the Hungry Ghost realm and Tibetan Buddhism in general, which is a lot different than regular straight-up Buddhism. It’s sort of an amalgam between Buddhism and Tibetan animism; lots of demons and shit.

I also learned about the phurba, a ritual dart or knife used in ceremonies to kill demons in effigy. There’s a place in Chinatown called Ngopa that sells “Tibetan carpets and artifacts.” Maybe I’ll check that out and pick up a phurba. It seems like the thing to do.

I feel kind of lame about not having any contacts like a proper urban avenger. I need to beef up the intelligence gathering aspect of my crime fighting.

1 comment:

K.Fox, Jr. said...

Yes, good, get seme sources and thank wombat repeatedly for sending you a hot chick. On the other hand, she has no right to boss you around. Next time some newcomer does that, put him or her in that particular persons place.