It's like Bridget Jones' Diary, but with a super-powered vigilante.

September 25, 2004

"Am I bugging you?"

"I don't mean to bug ya."

So I'm concerned about this little pin shaped device the ninja was planting at the future InterBionics building the other night. I want to know what it is, how it works, who made it, etc. I'm not exactly qualified for forensic work - Dr Quark I am not - so I decide to send it to My Guy for analysis.

This is a deviation from our prescribed business relationship, but I'm hoping he/she/them will help me out and tell me what it is. Plus, I'll pay them for it. I wrap the thing in foil (I don't know, it seemed like the right thing to do) and send it off. Hopefully I'll get some useful info, although I'm not sure if I'd recognize useful info if it kicked me in the crotch.

How, you may ask, do I afford to retain the services of My Guy? That shit must add up, right? And although I make a comfortable living, I'm not exactly rolling in dough. Or am I? Let's just say I have a Black Budget that I use for R&D and appropriations - just like the Pentagon!

Maybe I'll go into the particulars of the Black Budget some day for the 3 folks who read this.

1 comment:

K.Fox, Jr. said...

I think it's more than three folks (but, alas, apparently, I'm the only one who comments on some posts).