It's like Bridget Jones' Diary, but with a super-powered vigilante.

May 27, 2005

Patrol report

Uneventful patrol.

I jumped around Chinatown for a while listening to Ted Nugent on my audio system. Come on, who doesn’t love The Nooge, the Motor City Madman, The Ten Fingers of Doom, the Commando-in-Chief? A guy with that many nicknames can’t be bad.

Things seem to be going okay. I haven’t seen any Paracrime troopers since I got back from Costa Rica, The Malefactors haven’t tried to kill me yet, and I’m meeting Margo as the Velvet Marauder. I should do that tomorrow night. Anyway, I feel good, glad that I’m back, glad that I’m so handsome, glad that I have superpowers that let me jump around like a crazy-ass monkey while I listen to “Great White Buffalo.” Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other good patrol music:

"The Peter Gunn Theme," Henry Mancini.

"Green Onions," Booker T and the MGs.

"Pride and Joy," Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble. (Don't ask me, man. It just works.)

Just never, ever patrol to Dixieland jazz. You'll feel like a massive clown. Man, did I learn that the hard way.

David Campbell said...

Yeah, Dixieland jazz would be the kiss of death. You'd get killed for sure listening to that shit because it would be ironic, you know? To die with such up-tempo music on?