It's like Bridget Jones' Diary, but with a super-powered vigilante.

August 30, 2004

Back at work

Back at work. Typical Monday - check emails, surf Internet, make a few phone calls, get coffee, check email, surf Internet, break, check emails, boring meeting, et cetera, et cetera. No sign of Margo this morning.

Todd, the guy on our floor who's getting a divorce is just sitting in his cube, staring at his computer. He hasn't shaved and it looks like he slept in his clothes. I pass by him several times and he's just sitting there each time, staring at nothing. Poor bastard.

Had lunch and drinks with JC yesterday, then dragged him to the Honda dealer on 7th to look at Elements. JC is getting married in the fall. His fiance is great, really funny. Most of my friends now are either married or about to get married. Mitch and Lisa are going to have a baby this year. I remain eternally, impregnably single. I haven't had a serious relationship since Jen, and that was three years ago, before The Accident. Now I never make it past the third date with anyone, even if I like them.

Now, Margo -- I could go past the third date with Margo.

Anyway, I'm not so sure about the Honda Element. Might be too "soccer mom" for me. I scan craigslist for cars. Oooh, a 78 Fiat Spider...




No comments: